Improving the Patient Experience in Pediatric Clinics
Pediatric clinics present a unique challenge for patient experience management. There are all the standard requirements linked with assisting patients in navigating medical procedures, such as streamlining patient flow, reducing waiting-room anxiety, and ensuring transparency and communications. But then there's more, because we are dealing with children and their parents.
Q-Flow® offers children's clinics a unique flavor of customer experience: one that makes waiting for the doctor as pleasant as possible for both the young patients and their family members.
Avatar Queue Management
The key component of Q-nomy's solution for pediatric clinics is our patented Avatar Queue Management system. In this system, queue tickets and numbers are replaced by images: animals, cartoon figures, spaceships, food, etc.
The process is as follows:
- The child and his parent(s) arrive at the clinic and check-in using a kiosk.
- The kiosk presents available "avatars" from the software's vast, expandable library of images.
- The child chooses his favorite avatar.
- The kiosk prints the selected avatar on paper – along with any additional, configurable information.
- The avatar is then shown on digital signage as "waiting in line" alongside other patient's avatars.
- If the patient journey extends to other departments, the same avatar will continue to escort and represent the child on digital displays.
End-to-End Patient Flow Management Solution
While the front end of our pediatric clinics' solution is tailored to improving the experience of children and parents, at the back, it is all Q-Flow: the most robust and flexible patient flow management software.
As a hospital or clinic manager, you are getting all of Q-Flow's benefits: complete control over the patient throughput; streamlined processes and reduced operating costs; and better engagement with patients, during and between visits.
Available Q-Flow modules include:
- Queue Management: more than just managing your waiting room, Q-Flow queue management provides you with service level reports, smart routing and more.
- Appointment Scheduling: from online/onsite booking to complete planning of multi-stage medical procedures involving multiple resources and staff.
- Interaction Management: connecting with the patients' families during and between visits, providing guidance and collecting necessary information.
- Process Management: facilitating care path and back-office automation workflows
Whether you choose to implement avatars or conventional patient journey management, Q‑Flow can support all kinds of healthcare services for children – GP, dentists, orthopedics, psychologists, and so on.