Optimizing the Patient Experience Journey at Outpatient Clinics
Q-nomy’s Patient Flow solutions provide outpatient clinics with valuable tools to manage both digital and in-facility care to construct unique, enhanced patient journeys for your organizational needs and business processes – placing your patients at the center of your clinic operations.
Patient Journey Mapping and Design
The success of a great patient experience, and increased patient throughput, begins with identifying the fundamentals of the patient journey at outpatient clinics. If you can determine a timeline of required patient actions – based on the patient visit from referral to clinic visit and back home – and determine a parallel timeline of your staff, back-office processes and systems planned actions, you will gain insight to your current planned patient journey.
With Q-Flow, you can manage and automate many of these actions with various digital and physical channels to engage your patient in taking an active part in their care journey. This patient engagement leads to an improved initial patient experience, so your staff can focus on making a faster and smarter patient journey and reap the many benefits for both the patient and the organization.
Understanding the Aspects and Stages of Patient Flow
The robust Q-Flow system handles all aspects and stages of patient flow, from home to visit and post visit, including:
Pre-visit: Q-Flow provides your organization with digital channels to maximize visit preparations for an efficient outcome:
- 2-way reminders and notifications: In addition to managing appointment reminders and patient responses to the reminder, early patient feedback is valuable to minimize no-shows and establish an open channel between you and your patients.
- Q-Flow IM offers 2-way text and mail channels and is open to a range of customized plug-in solutions such as IVR ,Chat, social media and more.
- Online Forms: Equipping your patients with a digital version of your required forms such as consent forms, request for information forms, PROMs, billing or early check-in, allows your patients to complete paperwork prior to the visit. This improved process will result in greater efficiency and completion of administration tasks, reducing your administrative resources and satisfying patients who have completed these tasks ahead of their visit.
In Visit: Q-Flow Real Time Patient Flow can manage the full patient experience journey in your facility, including:
- Managing the patient check-in
- Waiting area management
- Queue management for your services
- Interaction management
- Care path automation
Check-in: Q-Flow offers both self-service using Windows, iPad kiosk, Web Check-in or Check-in App and Face-2-Face reception management. With Q-Flow versatile check-in options that are aligned with your processes, valuable time and resources are saved. Our check-in solution is fitted to customers check-in process and business flow protocols, including:
- Patient identification
- Scheduled appointments information
- Checking-in to your appointments
- Insurance and billing pay options
- Registration forms
Waiting Area management: Q-Flow is enriched with digital signage capabilities and announcements to protect your patient's privacy. While calling a patient by name may be a HIPAA-covered entity, calling a patient in a certain specialized clinic does reveal the patient’s medical situation. With Q-Flow, making a patient announcement is done on-Screen by prefix and a unique number to keep a patient’s anonymity and reduce liability.
In addition, Q-Flow provides better waiting room ambiance. With real time data like waiting and service times, your team can focus on clinical best practices and improve the overall mood of your patients with realistic expectations while they wait. In addition, digital signage displays waiting time, queue information, media for your selection and more, which contributes to a more comfortable and less anxious patient.